Doing it yourself?Complete the homeowner's affidavit before starting your project.
- Texas811: Check Before You Dig - Whether you're planting a tree or installing a pool, you first must check the location of gas lines and other vital utilities. Get started by dialing 8-1-1 or visit Texas811.org
Hiring a contractor?
Protect your property by ensuring your contractor has applied for and received a permit before starting work. Inspections are required!
- Tips for hiring a roofing contractor
- Contractor Registration Form is required
- Contractor-Trade Information Form is required. This is to show all trades for a project.
- A Contractor must provide his trade license, identification and insurance in order to work inside the City of Blue Ridge.
- List of Registered Contractors
Need a permit?
Submit all residential permit applications at Blue Ridge City Hall, 200 S Main Street, Blue Ridge, TX. All permits must be accompanied by the respective Checklist. The permit will be considered incomplete unless all documents are provided and completed. (No exceptions)
- Permit Application
- Permit Requirements
- Contractor Registration Form
- Fence & Wall Plan Review Checklist
- Irrigation Plan Review Checklist
- Residential Plan Review Checklist
- Solar Permit Submittal Requirements
- Swimming Pool-Spa Plan Review Checklist
You can email your permits to firstname.lastname@example.org. All payments must be in person by homeowner or contractor or homeowner or contractor may call to make payments from credit/debit cards.
When ready for Inspections...
The City of Blue Ridge has adopted the 2018 International Building Codes and the 2020 National Electrical Code. The City of Blue Ridge uses Bureau Veritas for all inspections.
- Schedule an inspection via email at email@example.com
- Schedule an inspection via phone at 877-837-8775