- Boards & Commissions
- City Hall
- Code Compliance
- Financial Reports & Budgets
- Employment Opportunities
- City Hall
- Council Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Public Hearings/Notices
- Master Fee Schedule
- Payment Options
- Building Permits & Inspections
- New Resident Resources
- Frequently Called Numbers
- Contact Us
The Texas Public Information Act (also know as the Texas Open Records Act), Section 552, Texas Government Code, establishes requirements for governmental bodies to respond to written requests for access and/or reproductions of public information. Charges for reproductions are governed by the State of Texas General Services Commission rules on charges.
Texas Government Code, Chapter 552, gives you the right to access government records; and an officer for public information and the officer’s agent may not ask why you want them. All government information is presumed to be available to the public. Certain exceptions may apply to the disclosure of the information. Governmental bodies shall promptly release requested information that is not confidential by law, either constitutional, statutory, or by judicial decision, or information for which an exception to disclosure has not been sought.
Request may be submitted by any of the means indicated below:
Write or type your request using the form below and send your request via FAX, US Postal System, or bring your request to our office in person.
Subject: City Secretary/Open Records
ATTN: City Secretary/Open Records
Subject: Open Records Request
City of Blue Ridge
Attn: City Secretary/Open Records
200 S. Main Street
Blue Ridge, Texas 75424
Come to City Hall and submit your request to the City Secretary/Open Records.
8:00-5:00 M-F CLOSED from 12-1 for lunch.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do I submit an Open Records Request?
- All Open Records requests MUST be in writing.
- A written request should reasonably identify the records needed/requested.
- Include mailing address, phone number, or other means to contact you regarding your request.
- There is NOT a specific form required for submitting a request, but one is provided in this packet for your convenience if you would like to use it.