- Boards & Commissions
- City Hall
- Code Compliance
- Financial Reports & Budgets
- Employment Opportunities
- City Hall
- Council Meeting Agendas & Minutes
- Public Hearings
- Master Fee Schedule
- Payment Options
- Building Permits & Inspections
- New Resident Resources
- Frequently Called Numbers
- Contact Us
May 5, 2018 General Election Results - May 05, 2018
Congratulations to our Incumbents and New Council Member!! Blue Ridge Mayor, Rhonda ... [more...]
The City of Blue Ridge Launches a New Website! Subscribe Today! - February 20, 2018
The City of Blue Ridge is proud to announce the launch of our new website. Subscribe to our site ... [more...]
The Water & Sewer Division of Public Works maintains and repairs a complex water system of valves, fire hydrants, and customer water meters, while regulating system pressure and water volume through calculated pump efficiencies, tower elevations, and electronic controls. The water division meets or exceeds regulations set by TCEQ. The City of Blue Ridge water division maintains the highest water quality as possible.
The Water & Sewer division also maintains and repairs the city’s sewer lines and lift station through constant monitoring of the system. The sewer division strives to provide a sewer collection service that is continuous, safe, and reliable.
Should you require assistance AFTER HOURS, please call (972) 631-3636 – (this is a pager, please leave your return phone number at the beep). Someone will return your call. It forwards to the on-call personnel after hours.
Cease the Grease
- Remove oil and grease from all dishes and pans before washing. Once cooled, scrape and wipe off excess grease.
- Once grease or cooling oil has cooled, pour into covered collection containers. Never pour oil and grease down the drain.
- Cover kitchen sink with catch baskets (strainers) and empty into trash can as needed.
- Don’t rinse off oil and grease from pots and pans with hot water. When the water cools the grease will congeal and could cause a backup. Instead, wipe the grease off with a paper towel, dispose of the paper towel in your regular garbage, then wash.
- Scrape food scraps from dishes into a trash can to avoid using your garbage disposal.
- Used cooling oil can be harmful to your sewer. Why not recycle it? Visit http://www.FryOiltoFuel.com or http://www.ceasethegreasetx.com for more information.
- While many “flushable” items (baby wipes) may not clog your pipes, they can easily clog lift station pumps resulting in costly repairs and increasing the potential for sewer overflows. Many manufacturers claim these so-called “flushable” items biodegrade and are sewer and septic safe, but the reality is that they arrive at the treatment plant intact causing damage to screens, motors, and pumps that require expensive repairs. The City of Blue Ridge highly encourages you to dispose of these items with your regular garbage. When you put cooking waste like foods, oil, and grease (F.O.G.) down the drain, it clings to the side of your sewer pipes and can cause clogs in your lines, which may result in an expensive visit from the plumber. Grease can also clog the city’s main sewer lines and make it harder to treat wastewater. The cost of cleaning and repairs contributes to the rates that you pay for sewer service. Clogs can also cause sewer back-ups which are a hazard to the environment as well as public health.
If you would like more information please feel free to contact us at 972-752-5791.
Assistant City Secretary
(Closed for Lunch 12-1)
Ph: (972) 752-5791 Fax: 972-752-9160
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I do if I don't get my water bill?
Call City Hall at 972-752-5791. All bills are due on the 15th of every month.
What if I can't pay my water bill by the shut off date?
Call City Hall at 972-752-5791. You are allowed 3 extensions per calendar year but no payment may be extended past the 30th of the month.
Where & how do I pay my water bill?
Cash, Check, Money Order or Credit Card (with a fee) you may drop it off at City Hall located at 200 S. Main Street, Blue Ridge, Texas between 8am-5pm Monday-Friday. Mail it to 200 S. Main Street, Blue Ridge, Texas 75424. Call for credit card over the phone 972-752-5791. There is a night drop box for your convenience. Please do not leave cash in the night drop.
Why do I have a previous balance when I know I sent in my payment?
We may have received it after the due date or we may not have received it at all. Call our office and we will help you solve the problem.
What if I have a water or sewer leak after hours?
Call the Emergency Number at 972-631-3636. A page will be sent out to the City Employee on call.
What do I do if I am experiencing low pressure?
Check your meter and the surrounding area for possible leaks. Next, call our office and report low pressure for your area.
Why is my water discolored?
A repair could have been completed recently allowing air to enter the line, causing the milky look.